Open CASCADE is a suite for 3D surface and solid modeling, visualization, data exchange and rapid application development.
It is an excellent platform for development of numerical simulation software including CAD/CAM/CAE, AEC and GIS, as well as PDM applications.
It includes C++ components for 3D surface and solid modeling, visualization, data exchange and rapid application development.
- Components for:
- 3D surface and solid modeling.
- Data exchange.
- Rapid application development.
- Foundation Classes provide a variety of general-purpose services such as: primitive types, strings and various types of quantities, automated management of heap memory, exception handling, classes for manipulating aggregates of data, math tools etc.
- Modelling Data supplies data structures to represent 2D and 3D geometric models.These services are organized in the following libraries: 2D geometry, 3D geometry, geometry Utilities, topology.
- The Modelling Algorithms module groups together a range of topological algorithms used in modelling. Along with these tools, it is possible to find the geometric algorithms which they call.
- The Data Exchange classes provide services that allow Open CASCADE applications to exchange data with other software applications using the following interfaces: STEP AP203 AP214, IGES (it is also possible to import and export using some simpler vector data format such as VRML and BRep boundary representation).
- For visualizing data structures, Open CASCADE provides ready-to-use algorithms which create graphic presentations from geometric models. These data structures may be used with the viewers supplied, and can be customized to take into account the specificity of your application.
- The Open Cascade Application Framework provides modelling services, aiming to connect user data, even non-geometric , to parametric geometric models. It also provides further functionalities for storing and editing the history of a work session, and not only its results. This approach is embedded into an automatic mechanism for document and application generation, called application template.
- Dynamic clipping of shaded objects by arbitrary planes, with cross-section visualized by capping algorithm.
- Support of GLSL programs.
- Ray tracing mode of display of shaded objects in OCCT viewer providing high-quality image (including sharp shadows, correct transparency, reflections).
- Official support of Intel compiler, Visual Studio 2013, and Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Developer: Open CASCADE S.A.S.
License: GNU LGPL 2.1
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Supplied with our legendary ratings charts.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Alternatives to Microsoft's Products and Services recommends open source Linux software.|
|Essential Linux system tools looks at small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy opens up to the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun!|
|Best Free Android Apps. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to the free programming books series|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA|