Last Updated on July 24, 2023
Open CASCADE is a suite for 3D surface and solid modeling, visualization, data exchange and rapid application development.
It is an excellent platform for development of numerical simulation software including CAD/CAM/CAE, AEC and GIS, as well as PDM applications.
It includes C++ components for 3D surface and solid modeling, visualization, data exchange and rapid application development.
- Components for:
- 3D surface and solid modeling.
- Data exchange.
- Rapid application development.
- Foundation Classes provide a variety of general-purpose services such as: primitive types, strings and various types of quantities, automated management of heap memory, exception handling, classes for manipulating aggregates of data, math tools etc.
- Modelling Data supplies data structures to represent 2D and 3D geometric models.These services are organized in the following libraries: 2D geometry, 3D geometry, geometry Utilities, topology.
- The Modelling Algorithms module groups together a range of topological algorithms used in modelling. Along with these tools, it is possible to find the geometric algorithms which they call.
- The Data Exchange classes provide services that allow Open CASCADE applications to exchange data with other software applications using the following interfaces: STEP AP203 AP214, IGES (it is also possible to import and export using some simpler vector data format such as VRML and BRep boundary representation).
- For visualizing data structures, Open CASCADE provides ready-to-use algorithms which create graphic presentations from geometric models. These data structures may be used with the viewers supplied, and can be customized to take into account the specificity of your application.
- The Open Cascade Application Framework provides modelling services, aiming to connect user data, even non-geometric , to parametric geometric models. It also provides further functionalities for storing and editing the history of a work session, and not only its results. This approach is embedded into an automatic mechanism for document and application generation, called application template.
- Dynamic clipping of shaded objects by arbitrary planes, with cross-section visualized by capping algorithm.
- Support of GLSL programs.
- Ray tracing mode of display of shaded objects in OCCT viewer providing high-quality image (including sharp shadows, correct transparency, reflections).
- Official support of Intel compiler, Visual Studio 2013, and Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Developer: Open CASCADE S.A.S.
License: GNU LGPL 2.1
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|