Ehcache is a fast and simple, thread safe, standards based pure Java, in-process cache, which acts as a pluggable cache for Hibernate 2.1.
It has a small memory footprint, minimal dependencies, and comprehensive documentation.
Ehcache is widely used in such open source projects as Hibernate and Spring. Terracotta also offers an enterprise edition.
- Provides Memory and Disk stores for scalability into gigabytes.
- Scalable to hundreds of caches.
- Tuned for high concurrent load on large multi-cpu servers.
- Multiple CacheManagers per virtual machine.
- Supports Object or Serializable caching.
- Support cache-wide or Element-based expiry policies.
- Provides LRU, LFU and FIFO cache eviction policies.
- Provides Memory and Disk stores.
- Dynamic, Runtime Configuration of Caches.
- Standards Based with a full implementation of JSR107 JCACHE API.
- Listeners may be plugged in.
- Peer Discovery, Replicators and Listeners may be plugged in.
- Cache Extensions may be plugged in.
- Cache Loaders may be plugged in.
- Cache Exception Handlers may be plugged in.
- Application Persistence:
- Persistent disk store which stores data between VM restarts.
- Flush to disk on demand.
- CacheManager listeners.
- Cache event listeners.
- JMX Enabled.
- Distributed Caching.
- Support for replication via RMI or JGroups:
- Peer Discovery.
- Reliable Delivery.
- Synchronous Or Asynchronous Replication.
- Copy Or Invalidate Replication.
- Transparent Replication.
- Bootstrapping from Peers.
- Cache Server:
- RESTful cache server.
- SOAP cache server.
- JCache style caching.
- Comes as a WAR or as a complete server.
- Java EE and Applied Caching:
- Blocking Cache to avoid duplicate processing for concurrent operations.
- SelfPopulating Cache for pull through caching of expensive operations.
- Java EE Gzipping Servlet Filter.
- Cacheable Commands.
- Works with Hibernate.
- Works with Google App Engine.
- Transactional support through JTA.
- High Quality:
- High Test Coverage.
- Automated Load, Limit and Performance System Tests.
- Specific Concurrency Testing.
- Production tested.
- Fully documented.
- Trusted by Popular Frameworks.
- Conservative Commit policy.
- Full public information on the history of every bug.
- Responsiveness to serious bugs.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Alternatives to Microsoft's Products and Services recommends open source Linux software.|
|Alternatives to Adobe Cloud looks at free and open source alternatives to products available from Adobe Cloud's subscription service.|
|Alternatives to Apple recommends free and open source alternatives to Apple's proprietary world.|
|Alternatives to Corel surveys alternatives to Corel's range of graphics processing products and other software applications.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|