Veejay is a visual instrument and realtime video sampler. It allows users to “play” the video like you would play a piano. While playing, you can record the resulting video directly to disk (video sampling).
Veejay can be operated live by using the keyboard (which is completely user definable) or remotely over TCP/IP.
Veejay can also be used to manipulate video in a realtime environment such as visual performances or for (automated) interactive video installations.
- Client/Server architecture.
- Soft realtime.
- Frame accurate.
- Loop based editing.
- Native YUV processing.
- Crash recovery.
- Codecs: MJPEG, MPNG, DV, YUV (raw).
- Containers: AVI , Quicktime, rawDV.
- Devices: USB webcams, DV1394, TV capture cards, etc.
- Support for unlimited capture devices.
- Support for Image files (PNG, JPEG, TIFF, etc).
- 132 built-in FX , many unique and original FX filters.
- FX chain (20 slots).
- All FX parameters can be animated.
- Mix up to two layers per FX slot.
- Non destructive edit decision lists (cut/copy/paste/crop video).
- Simple text editor.
- Sample editor.
- Sequence editor.
- Live disk recorder (sampling).
- Full deck save/restore.
- Live clip loading.
- Live sample sequencing.
- VIMS event recording/playback.
- Various looping modes including bounce looping.
- Playback speed and direction.
- Video scratching.
- Change in-and out points of a sample (marker).
- Slow motion audio / video.
- Fast motion audio / video.
- Dynamic framerate.
- Random frame play.
- Random sample play.
- Access up to 4096 video samples instantly.
- Audio trough Jack (low latency audio server).
- SDL and OpenGL video.
- YUV4MPEG streaming.
- Network streaming (unicast and multicast).
- Preview rendering.
- Programmable keyboard interface.
- VIMS (TCP/IP).
- OSC (UDP).
- PureData through sendVIMS external.
- MIDI devices (MIDI learning).
- Keystroke/Event record/playback.
- Full screen or windowed mode.
- Perspective and forward projection.
- Support for FreeFrame plugins.
- Support for Frei0r plugins.
Developer: Niels Elburg
License: GNU GPL
Veejay is written in C. Learn C with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|