Smokin’ Guns (originally known as Western Quake) is intended to be a semi-realistic simulation of the “Old West’s” great atmosphere.
The game was developed on Id Software’s Quake III Arena Engine.
This total conversion includes completely new weapons created with historically correct information about damage, rate of fire, reload time, etc. It also includes new gametypes and maps inspired mostly by movies. And to increase the feeling of a “gunslingers atmosphere” the developers have also created music tracks and sounds adapted to this time period.
- A full arsenal of weapons with historically correct design.
- A variety of western styled maps and player models.
- A realistic damage system with different locations (head, chest, neck, etc) and height-dependent falling damage.
- New western styled gametypes for more fun: Bank Robbery and Duel Modes.
- A money system allowing for equipment purchase with money from rewards & pickups.
- Easy to use graphical user interface and HUD.
- Other small improvements for better gameplay and enhanced fun.
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.