Nightingale is a community based fork of the Songbird Media player.
The goal of Nightingale is to create a Media Player, which will eventually use only system libraries to conserve space.
The software is released under an open source license.
- Supports a wide range of audio formats.
- Add-ons which extend Nightingale’s functionality:
- Last.fm – publish your playback history to Last.fm and listen to Last.fm Radio.
- mashTape – like your favourite old school mix tape, mix and mash up various web sources for your library enhancing pleasure.
- SHOUTcast Radio – directory of SHOUTcast internet radio streams.
- MLyrics – lyrics viewer and editor in the right side pane.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|