GCompris is an educational software suite comprising of numerous activities for children aged 2 to 10. It is intended to become some sort of unified interface to integrate more educational games.
It offers activities dedicated to small children. It teaches letters, numbers, words, basic algebra training, reading time on an analog clock, vector drawing, science, geography and much more. Some of the activities are game orientated, but nonetheless still educational.
It is designed in a way that makes it easy to add new boards.
The interface is designed for easy use by young children.
GCompris has more than 100 activities related to:
- Computer discovery: keyboard, mouse, different mouse gestures.
- Algebra: table memory, enumeration, double entry table, mirror images.
- Science: the canal lock, the water cycle, the submarine, electric simulations.
- Geography: place the country on the map.
- Games: chess, memory, connect 4, oware, sudoku.
- Reading: reading practice.
- Other: learn to tell time, puzzle of famous paintings, vector drawing, cartoon making.
Younger children are likely to interact more with technology than they have done ever before. There are lots of creative and educational ways to help them learn how to do this in a safe and balanced way.
GCompris is a real gem.
The suite offers real educational value and also provides entertainment for kids. Games are simple, fun, and there’s a very broad range of content.
This is an open source project translated in many languages.
|Find all the great free Android apps that meet our eligibility criteria. Never pay for an Android app again!|
|For an Android app to be awarded our love, it must satisfy the following criteria:|
|High quality with a good set of features, stable in operation and mature software;|
|No charge to use the app;|
|No intrusive ads in the program;|
|Open source and proprietary software can be included;|
|Apps where additional functionality is available for a payment can be included where appropriate.|