Tete is an open source ear trainer. Ear training involves learning to recognise how different combinations of notes sound. It is useful for musicians to allow them to distinguish between the different combinations of notes that make up music.
Tete allows you to select intervals, chords, or scales and play examples of the selected sounds in a random order. As each is played it is highlighted in the list. Once you believe you can tell what is playing you can test yourself. A series of sounds will be played, again at random, and you attempt to identify what has been played.
You can control how each sound is played back by changing the midi instrument, the octave range allowable, root note, and whether the sounds are played ascending or descending. You can also adjust the length of the notes and the extent to arpeggio the playback.
- Large number of chord types and scales supported:
- Chords: Major, Minor, Suspended 2nd, Suspended 4th, Augmented, Diminished, Major b5, Major 7th, Minor 7th, Dominant 7th, 7 Suspended 2nd, 7 Suspended 4th, 7 Augmented, Minor 7th b5, Minor Major 7th, Major 7 Augmented, Major 9th, Dominant 9th, Minor 9th, 9 Suspended 4th, Minor Major 9th, Dominant 11th, Minor 11th, Major 13th, Dominant 13th, Minor 13th, 13 suspended 4th, Diminished 7th, Major 6th, Minor 6th, Major Add 9th, Minor Add 9th, Major 6th/9th, Minor 6th/9th, 7th Add b9th, 7th Add Augmented 9th, 7th 5th/b9th, 7th 5th/Augmented 9th, 9th Add Augmented 11th, and 13th Add Augmented 11th.
- Scales: Major (Ionian), (Dorian), (Phrygian), (Lydian), (Mixolydian), Natural Minor (Aeolian), (Locrian), Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor, Major Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic, Blues, Augmented, Hungarian Major, Hungarian Minor, and Enigmatic.
- Intervals: Perfect 1st, Minor 2nd, Major 2nd, Minor 3rd, Major 3rd, Perfect 4th, Diminished 5th, Perfect 5th, Minor 6th, Major 6th, Minor 7th, Major 7th, Octave, Minor 9th, Major 9th, Augmented 9th, Perfect 10th, Perfect 11th, Augmented 11th, Perfect 5th, Minor 13th, Major 13th, Minor 7th, Major 7th, and Double Octave.
- Note Length.
- Arpeggio Delay.
- Support for the OpenJDK Gervill synthesizer.
- Built in ’emergency’ soundbank removing the need to download soundbanks from Sun.
- Supports SoundFont2, Downloadable Sounds, and plain audio format samples.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are Linux-related. This is a new series.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|