OGMRip is an application and a set of libraries for ripping and encoding DVD into AVI, OGM MP4 or Matroska files using a wide variety of codecs.
It relies on mplayer, mencoder, ogmtools, mkvtoolnix, oggenc, lame and faac to perform its tasks.
OGMRip is a DVD encoder for GNOME.
- Easy to HIG-compliant GNOME 2 user interface.
- Complete and automatic hardware detection.
- Transcodes from DVD or files.
- Outputs ogm, avi, mp4 or matroska files.
- Calculates video bitrate for a given filesize.
- Calculates cropping parameters and scaling factors.
- Supports multiple audio and subtitles streams encoding.
- Support for many different codecs (vorbis, mp3, pcm, ac3, dts, aac, xvid, lavc, x264, theora).
- Embed multiple audio and subtitle streams in a single file.
- Uses maximum quality codec switches.
- Rips contiguous chapters.
- Supports external audio (PCM, MP3, AC3, DTS, AAC, Vorbis) and subtitles (MicroDVD, SubRip, SRT, Sami, VPlayer, RT, SSA, PJS, MPSub, AQT, JacoSub, VobSub) files.
- Provides customisable encoding profiles:
- Apple iPhone – quantizer 2 (MP4 + X264 + AAC).
- Apple iPod – 2-pass 700 kbps (MP4 + X264 + AAC).
- Archos 5 – 2-pass, 2000 kbps (MP4 + X264 + AAC).
- Archos 605 – 2-pass, 2000 kbps (MP4 + X264 + AAC).
- Blackberry Bold 9000 – 2-pass, 1500 kbps (MP4 + X264 + AAC).
- Copy – no reencoding.
- DivX for Standalone Player – 2-pass, 1x700MB (AVI + XviD + MP3).
- DVD for Standalone Player – 6-pass 1×4.7GB.
- Microsoft XBox 360 – 2-pass, 2000 kbps (MP4 + X264 + AAC).
- Microsoft Zune – 2-pass, 1500 kbps (MP4 + X264 + AAC).
- Nokia S60 – 2-pass, 384 kbps (MP4 + X264 + AAC).
- Ogg Video – 1-pass, 1X700MB (OGG + Theora + Vorbis).
- PC, High Quality – Quantizer 2 (MKV + X264 + AAC).
- PC, Low Quality – 1-pass, 1x700MB (OGM + Lavc + Vorbis).
- Sony PS3 – 2-pass, 2500 kbps (MP4 + X264 + AAC).
- Sony PSP – 2-pass, 1024 kbps (MP4 + X264 + AAC).
- 3 encoding methods: Fixed size, Constant bitrate, and Constant Quantizer.
- Extensible through plugins:
- Transport Stream.
- Video Copy.
- Encode only a few chapters of a DVD title.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|