Last Updated on July 20, 2023
FoFiX is a Frets on Fire fork with plenty of features, customizable themes and options. The aim of the game is to play guitar with the keyboard or instrument controllers as accurately as possible.
FoFiX tries to resemble Guitar Hero and Rock Band to a greater extent than most other modifications while still maintaining some of Frets on Fire’ original aspects. Play guitar, bass or drums along with your favorite songs on your computer using either your keyboard or instruments. You can use your Guitar Hero or Rock Band instrument controllers.
Separated audio tracks will mute when you fail to hit or sustain the required notes correctly to simulate a real concert-playing experience.
- 2D or 3D Notes & Frets.
- 3D Note Texturing.
- Unlimited Themes.
- Unlimited Necks.
- Graphical Neck Selection.
- Up to 4 players in a variety of different multiplayer game modes.
- Random Stages, Stage Rotation (slideshow) and basic Animated Stages.
- Support for separated song, guitar, bass and drum audio tracks.
- Guitar playable & separated track support.
- Lead Guitar & Rhythm Guitar playable track support.
- Bass Guitar playable & separated track support.
- Bass Groove 5x, 6x, 10x, and 12x multiplier support.
- Playable Drums and Vocals!
- Big Rock Endings.
- Drum Fills to activate starpower / overdrive.
- Native MIDI instrument input / controller support.
- Pitch-bending whammy DSP effect.
- Songlist metadata caching for faster subsequent load times.
- Both digital and analog Killswitch effects (Pseudo whammy bar support).
- AI support.
- Support for Guitar Solos, Bass Solos, and Drum Solos.
- Practice mode: single-track, full-speed, selectable start position / section.
- Slowdown mode: single or multiple tracks, 3/4, 1/2 or 1/4 speed.
- Includes four tutorial songs to get you started.
- Customizable HO/POs (including chord pull-offs) and Note Hit Window.
- In-Game Status Display.
- In-Game Star Score Display (continuous partial star fillup available).
- Customizable Graphics (standard .PNG format).
- Customizable Sound Effects & Menu Music (standard .OGG format).
- Customizable Fretboard Point Of View (POV).
- Customizable Menus and Layouts.
- World high score chart with optional score uploading.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|