FoFiX is a Frets on Fire fork with plenty of features, customizable themes and options. The aim of the game is to play guitar with the keyboard or instrument controllers as accurately as possible.
FoFiX tries to resemble Guitar Hero and Rock Band to a greater extent than most other modifications while still maintaining some of Frets on Fire’ original aspects. Play guitar, bass or drums along with your favorite songs on your computer using either your keyboard or instruments. You can use your Guitar Hero or Rock Band instrument controllers.
Separated audio tracks will mute when you fail to hit or sustain the required notes correctly to simulate a real concert-playing experience.
- 2D or 3D Notes & Frets.
- 3D Note Texturing.
- Unlimited Themes.
- Unlimited Necks.
- Graphical Neck Selection.
- Up to 4 players in a variety of different multiplayer game modes.
- Random Stages, Stage Rotation (slideshow) and basic Animated Stages.
- Support for separated song, guitar, bass and drum audio tracks.
- Guitar playable & separated track support.
- Lead Guitar & Rhythm Guitar playable track support.
- Bass Guitar playable & separated track support.
- Bass Groove 5x, 6x, 10x, and 12x multiplier support.
- Playable Drums and Vocals!
- Big Rock Endings.
- Drum Fills to activate starpower / overdrive.
- Native MIDI instrument input / controller support.
- Pitch-bending whammy DSP effect.
- Songlist metadata caching for faster subsequent load times.
- Both digital and analog Killswitch effects (Pseudo whammy bar support).
- AI support.
- Support for Guitar Solos, Bass Solos, and Drum Solos.
- Practice mode: single-track, full-speed, selectable start position / section.
- Slowdown mode: single or multiple tracks, 3/4, 1/2 or 1/4 speed.
- Includes four tutorial songs to get you started.
- Customizable HO/POs (including chord pull-offs) and Note Hit Window.
- In-Game Status Display.
- In-Game Star Score Display (continuous partial star fillup available).
- Customizable Graphics (standard .PNG format).
- Customizable Sound Effects & Menu Music (standard .OGG format).
- Customizable Fretboard Point Of View (POV).
- Customizable Menus and Layouts.
- World high score chart with optional score uploading.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Supplied with our legendary ratings charts.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Alternatives to Microsoft's Products and Services recommends open source Linux software.|
|Essential Linux system tools looks at small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy opens up to the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun!|
|Best Free Android Apps. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to the free programming books series|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA|