BuddyPress is an open source social networking software package. It is a powerful plugin that takes a WordPress.org powered site and transforms it into social network platform with features including user profiles, activity streams, and user groups.
BuddyPress lets users sign-up and start creating profiles, posting messages, making connections, creating and interacting in groups, and much more. A social network in a box, BuddyPress lets you easily build a community for your company, school, sports team, or other niche community.
BuddyPress boasts an ever growing array of new features developed by an awesome plugin development community. There are more than 330 BuddyPress plugins available. BuddyPress is built using the same primary technologies as WordPress, and is used by a number of universities around the world.
- User Profiles:
- Options to add user profile fields and sections.
- Avatar uploads.
- Activity Streams – Global, personal, and group activity streams with threaded commenting, direct posting, favoriting and @mentions. All with full RSS feeds and email notification support.
- Extended Profiles – Fully editable profile fields allow you to define the fields users can fill in to describe themselves.
- Friend Connections – Let your users make connections so they can track the activity of others, or filter to show only those users they care about the most.
- Private Messaging – Private messaging will allow your users to talk to each other directly and in private. Not just limited to one-on-one discussions, your users can send messages to multiple recipients.
- WordPress Theme Compatibility – compatible with nearly all WordPress themes.
- bbPress Discussion Forums – install bbPress plugin and create full-powered Sitewide and/or Group Forums in your BuddyPress installation.
- BuddyPress Widgets – provides eight widgets: Members (Newest, Active, Popular tabs), Groups (Newest, Active, Popular tabs), Recently Active Members, Who’s Online and Recent Networkwide Posts (for multisite only), Friends, Sitewide Notices, and Log In/Out.
- Member Profile Navigation Menu – renderis the members navigational elements.
- Member Toolbar Navigation Menu.
- Available in more than 20 languages.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|