MusE is a MIDI/Audio sequencer with recording and editing capabilities.
MusE is a multitrack virtual studio that has support for sequencing of both midi and audio and has, among other things, support for LADSPA, Jack and ALSA.
MusE has a built in mixer which allows mixing both midi and audio in one convenient package.
- Midi sequencing:
- Input filter.
- Audio sequencing:
- Record/Playback several mono/stereo inputs/outputs.
- LASH: Perform audio effects like chorus/flanger in realtime.
- Jack – jack-audio-connection-kit:
- Use the jack for midi/audio routing.
- Internal Audio Routing Interface.
- Automation system for both midi and audio (old school for audio, i.e. no graphs).
- Audio mixer:
- LADSPA effects on all track types, before or after fader.
- Stereo/Mono tracks.
- Definition of midi instruments through instrument definition files (*.idf).
- Userdefinable shortcuts for most things.
- Drag and drop import of midi, wave, part files, plugin presets and plugin copying.
- Standard midifile (smf) import-/export.
- RTC (Real time clock) use for rock solid timing, fallback to alsa timer.
- Arranger view with track and part abstractions.
- midi editors:
- Pianoroll editor.
- Drum editor.
- List editor.
- Controller editor.
- Realtime editing of “everything”.
- Unlimited number of open editors.
- Unlimited undo/redo.
- Realtime and step-recording of midi.
- Multiple midi devices.
- Unlimited number of tracks, both midi and audio.
- Sync to external and internal devices/applications:
- Midi Clock.
- Jack transport.
- Integrated softsynth architecture M.E.S.S:
- Several internal synths available.
- Simple architecture for adding more synths.
- Experimental support for industry standard Windows VSTi softsynths.
- LASH enabled (formerly LADCCA).
- Raw midi device usage through ALSA.
- XML based project files.
- XML based configuration files.
- project file contains complete app state (session data).
- Application spanning Cut/Paste Drag/Drop.
Developer: Nil Geisweiller, Frank Neumann, Mathias Lundgren, Joachim Schiele, Robert Jonsson
License: GNU GPL v3
MusE is written in C++. Learn C++ with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
Return to Make Music Home Page | Return to Digital Audio Workstations Home Page
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|