Griffith is a movie collection manager application. Adding items to the movie collection is as quick and easy as typing the film title and selecting a supported source.
Griffith will then try to fetch all the related information from the Web.
Griffith uses the pyGTK+ library, a GTK+ binding for Python.
- Fetches film information from the Internet based on your locale via a plug-in:
- Brazilian Portuguese: E-Pipoca.
- Czech: CSFD.
- English: IMDb, DVD Empire, AnimeDB, Moviefone, Mediadis.
- French: Allocine, Cinemovies.
- German: FilmeVonA-Z.de, Kino.de, OFDb.
- Italian: Cinematografo.
- Polish: Wirtualna Polska, FDb, Tanuki-Anime, Onet, Filmweb, Stopklatka.
- Portuguese: 7arte, PTGate, Clube MyDVD.
- Integrates well with a database (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite3 used by default) to keep tabs on your library.
- Can backup/restore your database.
- Exports to CSV, PDF, XML and HTML files.
- Imports from CSV files.
- Generates PDF from cover art.
- Keeps track of your films that are out on loan.
- Enables you to sort/filter your library.
- Has built-in multi-language support.
Developer: Vasco Nunes, Piotr Ozarowski and other contributors
License: GNU GPL v2
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.