Griffith is a movie collection manager application. Adding items to the movie collection is as quick and easy as typing the film title and selecting a supported source.
Griffith will then try to fetch all the related information from the Web.
Griffith uses the pyGTK+ library, a GTK+ binding for Python.
- Fetches film information from the Internet based on your locale via a plug-in:
- Brazilian Portuguese: E-Pipoca.
- Czech: CSFD.
- English: IMDb, DVD Empire, AnimeDB, Moviefone, Mediadis.
- French: Allocine, Cinemovies.
- German: FilmeVonA-Z.de, Kino.de, OFDb.
- Italian: Cinematografo.
- Polish: Wirtualna Polska, FDb, Tanuki-Anime, Onet, Filmweb, Stopklatka.
- Portuguese: 7arte, PTGate, Clube MyDVD.
- Integrates well with a database (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite3 used by default) to keep tabs on your library.
- Can backup/restore your database.
- Exports to CSV, PDF, XML and HTML files.
- Imports from CSV files.
- Generates PDF from cover art.
- Keeps track of your films that are out on loan.
- Enables you to sort/filter your library.
- Has built-in multi-language support.
Developer: Vasco Nunes, Piotr Ozarowski and other contributors
License: GNU GPL v2
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are Linux-related. This is a new series.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux. This is a new series.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi. This is a new series.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|