GCstar is an application for managing personal collections. The software manages collections for movies, video games, books, music, coins, wines, board games, comic books, TV episodes, periodicals, computer software, mini vehicles and more.
Detailed information on each item can be automatically retrieved from the Internet and the user can store additional data, such as the location or whom he/she has lent them to. The user may also search and filter the collection by criteria.
GCstar is free and open source software.
- Automatic retrieval from various internet websites.
- Import collections from Tellico, Alexandria, and Ant Movie Catalog.
- Export to various formats including HTML, XML, and SQL.
- Lending managements.
- Store personalized ratings, ranking and comments for each entry.
- Smart cards.
- Internationalization support.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.