Dwarfs!? is a free arcade/strategy game set deep underground. Your goal is to explore a vast, randomly generated dungeon, while at the same time protecting your home town from harm.
It offers an addictive, fast paced arcade-like experience, with plenty of difficulties and game modes to play around in! In this game, your own Dwarfs double as your greatest asset and worst threat.
As the new overseer for your underground Dwarf base, your job is to manage the small colony and make it as rich as possible, before they meet their inevitable doom! To survive as long as possible, you’ll have to steer and guide your greedy little fellows to the richest points in the caves, while avoiding all the dangers – so they don’t end up destroying your Town Hall and its essential supply of beer.
- Fun for all ages and skill levels of gamers, with randomly-generated caves so the game is different every time.
- Addictive Arcade Mode: 4 difficulty levels ranging from casual to crazy hard-core, time limits from 5 minutes to endless, randomly-generated caves and all the gold and monsters you can handle.
- Base Defense Mode: Tower Defense gameplay, except you don’t have a tower. And your Dwarfs dig the routes. Then you defend against waves of monsters.
- Rush Mode – where the Dwarf spawning knows no bounds.
- Dark Mode – where a fog of war prevents you from seeing beyond your caves.
- Campaign Challenges: Tutorials where you can learn all about being a Dwarf Overseer in a few minutes and Challenges where you can put those Overseer abilities to the ultimate test.
- Leaderboards: Compare the size of your beard (and your scores) with your friends and the rest of the world.
- Sandbox Mode – do everything you ever dreamed of by creating your own caves.
- Challenge Mode – where you can put your overseer-abilities to the test.
- Endless Mode – where you can keep mining forever, and ever.
- Codex: Alongside the integrated help system is the Codex – the fount of all Dwarf knowledge! Contains everything you need to know, including video tutorials for the budding Overseer.
- Medals and Achievements: Lots and lots of shiny stuff to collect and show off to your friends.
- Fully Integrated with Steamworks.
- And Zombies. Not to mention goblins, skeletons, spiders, dark elves and more.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Supplied with our legendary ratings charts.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Essential Linux system tools looks at small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers such as the ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy opens up to the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun!|
|Best Free Android Apps. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to the free programming books series|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA|