wxHexEditor is a hex editor.
wxHedEditor uses the wxWidgets GUI libraries.
There is cross-platform support. It runs under Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
- Uses 64 bit file descriptors (supports files or devices up to 2^64 bytes , means some exabytes but tested only 1 PetaByte file (yet). ).
- It does not copy whole file to your RAM. That makes it fast and can open files (which sizes are Multi Giga < Tera < Peta < Exabytes).
- Work with delete/insert bytes to file, more than once, without creating a temp file.
- Memory Usage : Currently around 25 Megabytes while opened multiple > ~8GB files.
- Can operate with file thru XOR encryption.
- Multiple views to show multiple files in same time.
- x86 disassembly support (via integrated udis86 library) to hack things little faster.
- Has colorful tags to make reverse engineering easier and more fun.
- Copy/edit your Disks, HDD Sectors which might be useful for recovering files and partitions manually.
- Sector Indication on dDisk devices, also has Go to Sector dialog…
- Formated CopyAs! It’s easy to copy part of a file in HEX format for C/C++ source, ASM source, also supports HTML,phpBB and Wiki page formats with TAGs!!
- Supports Hex or Text editor alone operation. There’s also the option to disable Offset region.
- Supports customizable hex panel formatting and colors.
- Allows Linux Process Memory Editing operations
- Comparison of binary files, allows merge of near results.
- Supports many encodings including almost all DOS/Windows/MacOS CPs and multi-character sets like UTF8/16/32, Shift JIS, GBK, EUC_KR…
- Decimal, Hexadecimal, Octal and LBA (“Sector+Offset”) addressing modes, (switchable one to another by right click of mouse on Offset panel.
- Save selection as a dump file feature.
- “Find Some Bytes” feature for quickly find next meaningful bytes at file/Disk.
- MD/RIPEMD/SHA/TIGER/HAVAL/CRC/ADLER/GOST/WHRILPOOL/SNEFRU checksum functions (via integrated mhash library).
- Import & Export TAGs support from file.
Developer: Erdem U. Altinyurt
License: GNU General Public License v2.0
wxHexEditor is written in C and C++. Learn C with our recommended free books and free tutorials. Learn C++ with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
Return to Hex Editors Home Page
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|