Weasis is a multipurpose standalone and web-based DICOM viewer with a highly modular architecture. It’s available as a desktop applicatoin or as a web-based application.
It’s used in healthcare by hospitals, health networks, multicenter research trials, and patients. It allows high-quality renderings with high performance through the OpenCV library.
The software allows a flexible integration to PACS, RIS, HIS or PHR.
- Connect to any PACS via a web portal or as an XDS-I consumer in an IHE (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise) environment.
- Can be configured with very low memory footprint.
- DICOM Send (storeSCU and STOW RS).
- DICOM Query/Retrieve (C-GET, C-MOVE and WADO).
- Dicomizer module (allow importing standard images and convert them in DICOM).
- API for building custom plug-ins.
- Logging available in the Java console or from Weasis log files.
- Internationalization support.
Viewer features include:
- Display all kinds of DICOM files (including multi-frame, enhanced, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MIME Encapsulation, SR, PR, KOS, AU, RT and ECG).
- Viewer for common image formats (TIFF, BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, RAS, HDR, and PNM).
- Image manipulation (pan, zoom, windowing, presets, rotation, flip, scroll, crosshair, filtering…).
- Layouts for comparing series or studies.
- Advanced series synchronization options.
- Display Presentation States (GSPS) and Key Object Selection.
- Create key images (Key Object Selection object) by selection.
- Support of Modality LUTs, VOI LUTs, and Presentation LUTs (even non-linear).
- Support of several screens and full-screen mode.
- Multiplanar reconstructions and Maximum Intensity Projection.
- Display Structured Reports.
- Display cross-lines.
- Measurement and annotation tools.
- Region statistics of pixels (Min, Max, Mean, StDev).
- SUV measurement.
- Save measurements and annotations in DICOM PR or XML file.
- Import CD/DVD and local DICOM files.
- Export DICOM with several options (DICOMDIR, ZIP, ISO image file with Weasis, TIFF, JPEG, PNG…).
- Magnifier glass.
- Native and DICOM printing.
- Read DICOM image containing float or double data (Parametric Map).
- DICOM ECG Viewer.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|