UnrealIRCd is an IRC server, serving thousands of IRC networks since 1999.
It is used both by experts and beginners alike. It offers a strong focus on modularity, an advanced and highly configurable configuration file.
This is free and open source software.
- Module support: full freedom to load specific features or not. There are more than 150 modules available including channel modes, user modes, extended bans and user & oper commands.
- Advanced anti-flood and anti-spam systems: Spamfilter, channel mode +f, DNS Blacklists (DNSBL), AntiRandom, connection throttling based on reputation.
- Highly configurable configuration file
- Extensive documentation.
- SSL/TLS encrypted client and server connections, with secure defaults and a lot of configuration options.
- Channel Owners (+q) and Channel Admins (+a).
- Channel Half-ops (+h).
- Advanced banning through extended bans, including but not limited to: timed bans (that are removed after X minutes), allowing/exempting by services account name, certificate fingerprint, etc.
- Text filtering via a “swear filter” user/channel mode (+G) and per-channel text filter via the ~T extban.
- Channel linking (+L).
- Hostname cloaking (+x).
- Color blocking and stripping (+c/+S).
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Windows.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are Linux-related. This is a new series.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|