KETL is a production ready ETL platform. The engine is built upon an open, multi-threaded, XML-based architecture.
KETL is designed to assist in the development and deployment of data integration efforts which require ETL and scheduling. The software allows management of complex manipulation of data quickly and efficiently while leveraging an open source data integration platform.
The KETL engine consists of a multi-threaded server that manages various job executors. Each executor performs a specific function. The job executors fall into the following categories: SQL, OS, XML, Sessionizer and Empty.
- Scalable, platform independent ETL engine–enables complex ETL transformations to be executed in a highly efficient manner. Supports multiple CPU’s and 64-bit servers.
- Job execution and scheduling manager–dependency-driven job execution model supports multiple job types, conditional exception handling, email notification and time-based scheduling. Job types fall into three categories, with support for additional executors via the KETL API.
- SQL–executes pre-defined SQL statement via JDBC.
- XML–executes XML defined jobs.
- OS–executes an operating system command.
- XML job definition language–allows ETL jobs to be easily defined in XML, enabling the use of widely available XML authoring tools and associated support for version control systems.
- Centralized repository–supports multiple KETL instances to leverage job and parameter definitions.
- Performance monitoring–collects historical and active job statistics in the repository, allowing comprehensive analysis of problematic jobs.
- Comprehensive data source support–supports extracting and loading of relational, flat file and XML data sources, via JDBC and proprietary database APIs.
- Scheduling engine–time-based and event-driven job execution.
- Support for integration of security and data management tools.
- Proven scalability across multiple servers and CPU’s and any volume of data.
- No additional need for third party schedule, dependency, and notification tools.
Developer: Kinetic Networks, Inc
License: GNU Lesser General Public License and General Public License
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|