Calligra Suite is an integrated set of open source applications, forked from KOffice in 2010. Whilst the project is part of the KDE community, it is not a requirement to run the KDE environment.
Calligra includes efficient and capable office components: Words for text processing, Sheets for computations, Stage for presentations, Plan for planning, Flow for flowcharts, and Kexi for database creation. Calligra uses the OpenDocument format as its default file format for most applications and it can import other formats, including Microsoft Office formats.
The suite is available for desktop PCs, tablet computers, and smartphones.
Full set of applications included in the suite:
- Words – a word processor that makes it easy to create rich documents with images, tables, and more. Open and save ODF, and open Microsoft Office Word files .doc and .docx files.
- Sheets – a fully-featured calculation and spreadsheet tool with a comprehensive formula list, default templates, and use shapes for notes or create flowcharts and mindmaps.
- Stage – an easy to use yet still flexible presentation application. Built-in tools make creating slides using images, videos, animation and other special effects easy. It is extensible through a plugin system.
- Plan – a project management application for managing moderately large projects with multiple resources.
- Krita – a creative sketching and painting application based on Calligra technology. It has support for touchscreens, and some image editing features.
- Kexi – a visual database creator. Design database applications, insert and edit data, perform queries and process data.
- Karbon – a vector drawing editor with an user interface that is easy to use, highly customizable and extensible. It supports advanced layered images usable for illustrations.
- Flow – an easy to use diagramming and flowcharting application with tight integration to the other Calligra applications. It enables you to create network diagrams, organisation charts, flowcharts and more.
- Author – a one-stop tool for creating novels and textbooks in e-book format. It has tools for planning, writing, reviewing and publishing.
- Braindump – a tool to dump and organize the content of your brain (ideas, drawings, images, texts) newly introduced with Calligra Suite 2.4.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|