osCommerce is an e-commerce and online store-management solution that offers a wide range of out-of-the-box features. The software enables online stores to be setup fairly quickly with a minimum of effort.
osCommerce provides a catalogue frontend and an administration tool backend which can be easily installed and configured over a web-based installation procedure.
This software runs on a system that has a web server (such as Apache), PHP and MySQL installed.
Its functionality is extended by community-supplied add-ons and custom code, so that it can be customized to meet the specific needs of any business. Given the vast number of available contributions, this is one of osCommerce’s key strengths.
- Automatic web-based installation.
- Unlimited number of products and categories.
- Automatic setup of e-commerce payment systems:
- Many other add-on ecommerce payment systems, off-line (manual) credit card payments) and on-line payment processing.
- Multi-currency support via manual update from exchange rate server.
- Support for dynamic images (one image per product).
- Supports physical products as well as product downloads.
- Print invoices and packaging lists.
- Web-based administration module.
- Database backup and restore.
- Temporary and permanent shopping carts.
- Secure transactions with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) support.
- Many shipping options including by weight, price, or destination.
- Real-time shipping quote integration with UPS, USPS, FedEx etc.
- Zone-based shipping options as well as a free shipping option as part of Order Totals Module.
- Full tax functionality, included compounded taxes, different rates for different products, charge tax on shipping.
- Compatible with PHP 4 or higher.
- Multilingual with English, German and Spanish provided by default.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|