VirtueMart (formerly known as mambo-phpShop) is an Open Source e-Commerce solution to be used together with Joomla! or Mambo, Web Content Management Systems (CMS).
VirtueMart requires the MySQL database environment for storage. It is designed for low to medium level traffic web sites.
VirtueMart offers a large feature set, some of which are listed below. Its functionality can be extended using plugins, components, templates and modules, allowing the software to be customized for a particular shop.
VirtueMart has a very active community.
- Can use Secure Sockets Layer Encryption (128-bit).
- Flexible Tax Models.
- Shoppers can manage their User Accounts (registration required).
- Shipping Address Management.
- Order History: Shopper can view all their previous Orders (and Order Details).
- Order Confirmation Mail (customizable) is sent to Shopper and Store Owner.
- Multiple Currencies (you can allow Customers to change the Currency and buy using an alternative Currency).
- Multiple Languages (using the Joomla! Component Joom!Fish or Nooku).
- Powerful Web-Administration Interface.
- Manages an unlimited Number of Products and Categories.
- Can be used as a Shop or just as an Online-Catalog.
- Quick Search for products, categories and manufacturers; filter by features or discounted Products.
- Product ratings & testimonials (moderated or auto-published).
- Feature specific products by setting them “on special”.
- Product availability.
- Handles downloadable Products (virtual Goods).
- “Product is back in Stock” – Notification for subscribed customers.
- Multiple images and files per product.
- Product attributes (like size or colour) can be added to product.
- Product types for classification (like “car”, “motorbike” or “music album”).
- Shopper groups for customers (allows different price Levels and payment options).
- Multiple prices per product (Quantity-based and/or shopper group-based Prices).
- Flexible price display (number & currency formatting; including or excluding tax).
- On-the-Fly price conversion between different currencies using Live Rates from the European Central Bank or other banks.
- Shop Statistics / Control Panel with a summary of new customers, new orders….
- Stock level control for products and item.
- Order management with order history, customer notification and order edit functionality.
- Basic reporting feature: sold items, monthly/yearly revenue.
- Order status management.
- Manage different currencies, countries & states.
- Capable of live Credit Card Processing.
- Pre-defined Payment Gateways like:
- Flexible Shipping Carriers and Rates Configuration.
- Live-Shipping Rates using Shipping Modules (e.g. InterShipper, UPS, USPS, FedEx or Canada Post; Modules can use the Shipping Rate API).
- Extend your Shop with other Shipping Modules using the Payment and Shipping Module API.
Developer: Soerren Eberhardt-Biermann
License: GNU General Public License v2.0
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|