GnuCash is a personal and small-business financial accounting program.
Designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible, GnuCash allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. As quick and intuitive to use as a checkbook register, it is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
It can help keep track of your personal finances, help you determine where your money is being sent, monitor your stock portfolio, plan investments and track loan and mortgage repayments, in whatever currency you want.
- Double-Entry Accounting.
- Checkbook-style register provides a custom, convenient and familiar interface to entering financial transactions. The register supports common checking and credit-card transactions, as well as income, stock and currency transactions.
- General Ledger.
- Transaction Finder: a powerful transaction query dialogue.
- Split Transactions: A single transaction can be split into several pieces to record taxes, fees, and other journal entries.
- Stock/Bond/Mutual Fund Accounts – track stocks individually (one per account) or in portfolio of accounts (a group of accounts that can be displayed together).
- Small-Business Accounting.
- Customers, Vendors, Jobs, Invoices, A/P, A/R.
- QIF/OFX/HBCI Import, Transaction Matching.
- Reports: Display Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, Portfolio Valuation.
- Scheduled Transactions.
- Financial Calculations.
- Check Printing.
- Support for Multiple Currencies.
- Mortgage & Loan Repayment Druid.
- The current binary file-format is being redeveloped as XML, thus simplifying storage and network transport questions.
- Handles internationalized dates and currencies. The Gnucash menus and popups have been translated to Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, Russian, Ukrainian, and British English. Documentation is available in English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.
GnuCash is written in C, Scheme, and C++. Learn C with our recommended free books and free tutorials. Learn Scheme with our recommended free books and free tutorials. Learn C++ with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Alternatives to Microsoft's Products and Services recommends open source Linux software.|
|Alternatives to Adobe Cloud looks at free and open source alternatives to products available from Adobe Cloud's subscription service.|
|Alternatives to Apple recommends free and open source alternatives to Apple's proprietary world.|
|Alternatives to Corel surveys alternatives to Corel's range of graphics processing products and other software applications.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|