Skrooge is a personal finance management tool for KDE 4. It has the aim of being a highly intuitive application, while providing powerful functions such as reporting, persistent Undo/Redo, encryption, and more.
This software applications is targeted at individuals who want to keep track of their income, expenses and investments.
The choice of the name Skrooge was inspired by Charles Dickens’ novel A Christmas Carol, where the principal character, Ebenezer Scrooge, a cold-hearted, tight-fisted and grumpy old man, is visited by the Ghost of Christmas Past, the Ghost of Christmas Present, and the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. These ghosts change Ebenezer Scrooge’s ways such that he becomes a model of generosity and kindness.
- Create templates of operations.
- Mass update of operations.
- Group and ungroup operations.
- Several tabs to help you organize your work.
- Infinite undo/redo (even after the file is closed).
- Build advanced, highly customizable graphical reports, to analyse your financial status in depth. A variety of different graph types is provided: Stack, Histogram, Line, Point, Pie, and Concentric Pie.
- Instant filtering on operations and reports.
- Infinite levels of categories.
- Scheduled operations.
- Track refund of your expenses.
- Automatically process operations based on search conditions.
- Stock management.
- Fast operation:
- Search as you type.
- Refund trackers.
- Customizable attributes including date formats.
- QIF import.
- CSV import/export including splits and transfers.
- CSV import is able to oncatenate many attributes in “comment” or “payee”.
- Import/Export: Comma Separated Value (CSV), Quicken Import File (QIF), Skrooge, KMyMoney and XML formats.
- Import Open Financial eXchange (OFX), Quicken (QFX), GnuCash, Grisbi, and HomeBank formats.
- Plugins to extend functionality:
- Dashboard – a Skrooge plugin that displays global information about your financial situation.
- Search & Process – allows you building complex queries to find operations, and optionally apply them some transformations.
- Multi currencies.
- Use standard KDE dialogs for password management.
- Support for mt940 files.
- Import “Money Manager EX” file.
Support: Handbook, Forum
Developer: Stephane Mankowski, Guillaume De Bure
License: GNU GPL v3
Skrooge is written in C++. Learn C++ with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
Return to Personal Finance Tools Home Page
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|