Perl Audio Converter (pacpl) is a command-line tool tool for converting multiple audio types from one format to another.
The software supports a wide range of audio formats and video extensions.
The software is released under an open source license.
- CD ripping function with CDDB support.
- Audio tagging.
- Tag preservation for most supported formats
- Independent tag reading and writing.
- Recursive directory support.
- Batch conversion.
- Supports aften, dcaenc, mp3HD Toolkit, lame, toolame, bladeenc, flac, mac, shorten, faac, faad, cdparanoia, oggenc/oggdec, mplayer, speexenc, speexdec, sndfile-convert, mpcenc, mpcdec, wavpack, ofr/ofs, ttaenc, ffmpeg, libav, la, bonk, sox, flake, opus, and opus-tools.
- Supports the following audio formats: 3G2, 3GP, 8SVX, AAC, AC3, ADTS, AIFF, AL, AMB, AMR, APE, AU, AVR, BONK, CAF, CDR, CVU, DAT, DTS, DVMS, F32, F64, FAP, FLA, FLAC, FSSD, GSRT, HCOM, IMA, IRCAM, LA, MAT, AUD, MAT4, MAT5, M4A, M4R, MP2, MP3, MP4, MP4A, MPC, MPP, NIST, OFF, OFR, OFS, OPUS, OGA, OGG, PAF, PRC, PVF, RA, RAW, RF64, SD2, SF, SHN, SMP, SND, SOU, SPX, SRN, TAK, TTA, TXW, VOC, VMS, VQF, W64, WAV, WMA, and WV.
- Extracts audio from video: RM, RV, ASF, DivX, MPG, MKV, MPEG, AVI, MOV, OGM, OGV, QT, VCD, SVCD, M4V, NSV, NUV, PSP, SMK, VOB, FLV, WEBM and WMV.
- Service menus for KDE Dolphin/Konqueror, Gnome Nautilus script, and action scripts for Nemo/Thunar are also provided.
- Directory structure preservation.
- While not supported by the developer, the software also runs in macOS and Windows operating systems.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|