Perl Audio Converter (pacpl) is a command-line tool tool for converting multiple audio types from one format to another.
The software supports a wide range of audio formats and video extensions.
The software is released under an open source license.
- CD ripping function with CDDB support.
- Audio tagging.
- Tag preservation for most supported formats
- Independent tag reading and writing.
- Recursive directory support.
- Batch conversion.
- Supports aften, dcaenc, mp3HD Toolkit, lame, toolame, bladeenc, flac, mac, shorten, faac, faad, cdparanoia, oggenc/oggdec, mplayer, speexenc, speexdec, sndfile-convert, mpcenc, mpcdec, wavpack, ofr/ofs, ttaenc, ffmpeg, libav, la, bonk, sox, flake, opus, and opus-tools.
- Supports the following audio formats: 3G2, 3GP, 8SVX, AAC, AC3, ADTS, AIFF, AL, AMB, AMR, APE, AU, AVR, BONK, CAF, CDR, CVU, DAT, DTS, DVMS, F32, F64, FAP, FLA, FLAC, FSSD, GSRT, HCOM, IMA, IRCAM, LA, MAT, AUD, MAT4, MAT5, M4A, M4R, MP2, MP3, MP4, MP4A, MPC, MPP, NIST, OFF, OFR, OFS, OPUS, OGA, OGG, PAF, PRC, PVF, RA, RAW, RF64, SD2, SF, SHN, SMP, SND, SOU, SPX, SRN, TAK, TTA, TXW, VOC, VMS, VQF, W64, WAV, WMA, and WV.
- Extracts audio from video: RM, RV, ASF, DivX, MPG, MKV, MPEG, AVI, MOV, OGM, OGV, QT, VCD, SVCD, M4V, NSV, NUV, PSP, SMK, VOB, FLV, WEBM and WMV.
- Service menus for KDE Dolphin/Konqueror, Gnome Nautilus script, and action scripts for Nemo/Thunar are also provided.
- Directory structure preservation.
- While not supported by the developer, the software also runs in macOS and Windows operating systems.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.