Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness is an episodic video game series based on the webcomic Penny Arcade.
It is set to be a 3D action-adventure game distributed as four games. This is Episode 1.
Based on the popular comic strip Penny Arcade, On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness is an episodic RPG/Adventure where you join with Gabe and Tycho of the Startling Developments Detective Agency to solve strange mysteries lurking in New Arcadia.
Set in the 1920s, the game places the familiar Penny Arcade protagonists in an alternate pulp horror setting reminiscent of the works of H. P. Lovecraft.
- Create-a-Player System lets you design and develop your own character, seeing it come to life in 3D and in the comic-style 2D cut scenes
- Dynamic turn-based combat system, over-the-top animations, and team-up moves during enemy battles
- Classic adventure game play combines with RPG elements to unravel the game’s mysteries and puzzles
- Authentic Penny Arcade story and dialogue written exclusively by Jerry Holkins
- Includes Gabe, Tycho, Annarchy, the Fruit F*cker and many other favorite Penny Arcade characters, plus new characters designed by Mike Krahulik
Developer: Hothead Games
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Supplied with our legendary ratings charts.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Essential Linux system tools looks at small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers such as the ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy opens up to the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun!|
|Best Free Android Apps. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to the free programming books series|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA|