FlashQard is an educational software to help improve your learning process. It is designed to help you learn not only a new language but anything that can be learned in a simple and intuitive way.
FlashQard uses the well known Leitner System as the reviewing method.
The Leitner System (proposed by the psychologist Sebastian Leitner in the 1970s) is renowned as being one the most efficient methods for learning.
- Arranges flashcards in different categories.
- Different types of flashcard for different purposes.
- Multi sided vocabulary cards.
- Embedded dictionary which works offline (MDic databases) and online (Google translate).
- Interactive map cards for geography training (capital of countries, location of countries, states, cities,…).
- Advanced text editor for editing rich text.
- Infinite number of images can be inserted inside each flashcard.
- Image editor embedded inside the text editor.
- Fetch appropriate images from internet (Google images).
- Embedded dictionary which is able to translate more than 50 languages.
- Portability. Save all data (text, images, statistics) within a single file in XML format.
- Supports KVTML and CSV file formats.
- Import and merge other files.
- Records every answer to each flashcard for analysis.
- [Auto]Pronounce as you go through your cards (“espeak” program should be installed).
- Displays which flashcards should be reviewed during the session.
- Fully customizable review.
- Search for flashcards (title/contents. Regular Expressions are also supported).
- Unicode support.
Developer: Shahab Shirazi
License: GNU GPL v2
FlashQard is written in C++. Learn C++ with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
Return to Flashcard Software Home Page
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|