Last Updated on July 10, 2021
Armory is an advanced open source program for managing multiple bitcoin wallets with a high level of security available. The software uses wallet encryption, can print permanent paper backups of your wallets, and store your bitcoins on an offline computer for maximum security from online threats.
Armory was designed from the ground up to focus first on maximizing security, and then provide a well thought-out interface to make using this security as simple as possible.
Armory is used by some of the most heavily-invested, and most paranoid Bitcoin enthusiasts for maximum privacy and security.
- Offline wallets (also known as, “cold storage”).
- Multi-wallet interface – manage as many wallets as you want simultaneously. Armory was designed from the start for multi-wallet operations without limit on number.
- Deterministic wallets with paper-backup print dialog.
- Watching-only wallets – fork a “watching-only” wallet that contains no private-key data, but can still be used generate addresses and confirm payments.
- Wallet encryption with time- and memory-bound key derivation: AES256 in-place key encryption. Encryption key is generated via script-based algorithm to eliminate GPU-acceleration in brute-force passphrase guessing.
- Import/Sweep Addresses – import private keys into your (deterministic) wallet. Sweeping is possible on any existing wallet-address, or as an alternative to importing an untrusted private key. Supports private keys in hex, base58, and mini-private-key format used on Casascius physical bitcoins.
- Corruption-resistant wallet files with automatic detection and correction of HDD byte errors – wallet-update logic guarantees all atomic file operations.
- Easy offline wallet operations.
- Usermode options – Choose between “Standard”, “Advanced” and “Developer”, to scale the level of information flow according to your preferences. “Standard” user mode has a reduced set of functionality and only presents information necessary for basic wallet management and transactions.
- Message signing with your Bitcoin addresses.
- Seamless integration for signing transactions completely offline.
- Perform your own elliptic curve calculations using secp256k1 elliptic curve.
- Graphical keyboard to protect against keyloggers.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|