Traccar is an open source modern GPS tracking system for various GPS tracking devices.
The project works on most platforms with an installed Java Runtime Environment. There are 32 and 64 bit versions available.
The Traccar platform is used by thousands of businesses in more than 140 countries around the world.
- Supports a wide range of protocols and device models. Select GPS trackers from a variety of vendors from low cost Chinese models to high-end quality brands. For a full list of supported devices, view this list.
- Modern fully-featured web interface with both desktop and mobile-friendly layouts.
- Live tracking – view your GPS devices in real-time. The server can handle a wide variety of sensors and additional information supplied by GPS units.
- Instant web notifications along with support for email and SMS. This includes SMS notifications, commands and receiving events from devices.
- Embedded web server to track devices on map.
- Supports simple location history, trip, chart and summary reports. You can view data directly in the web or mobile apps.
- User actions logging – most of the user actions are now logged in the standard log file
- Support for drivers – create drivers with unique ids and link them to groups and devices. Driver information will show in various reports.
- Computed Attributes – add specially-formatted expressions to modify and add new position attributes. This feature allows you to dynamically modify the attributes reported by devices and can assist in solving a number of problems.
- Calendar support – they are special Traccar objects. Traccar calendar is a wrapper for a standard ics file.
- Geofences – geographical zones used to track device movement. Traccar can generate events about entering and exiting these zones. Supported geometry types: Circle, Polygon, and Polyline.
- Events – 9 categories of events are supported: Alarm, Command Result, Geofence, Ignition, Maintenance, Motion, Overspeed, Status, and Text Message.
- Support for LDAP user authentication. With LDAP you can integrate Traccar with your directory and share credentials between your website and Traccar.
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.