Team Fortress 2 is a free-to-play team-based first-person shooter multiplayer video game developed by Valve Corporation.
This game is a sequel to the original mod Team Fortress and its GoldSrc engine remake.
Team Fortress 2 includes nine distinct classes which offer a broad range of tactical abilities and personalities for gamers. The game is continually enhanced and updated with new game modes, maps, equipment and, most importantly, hats!
- Many different game modes, including Capture the Flag, Control Point, Payload, Arena, King of the Hill, and more.
- Hundreds of weapons, hats and more to collect, craft, buy and trade.
- A wide variety of classes which provide a broad range of tactical abilities and personalities. Play as the flame-throwing Pyro, the room clearing Heavy, or the Spy, a master of disguises. Other classes include: Scout, Sniper, Medic, Engineer, Demoman, or Soldier.
- Detailed statistics for players. These statistics include the time spent playing as each class, the average point score, and the most captures or objectives achieved in a single round.
- Supports virtual reality technology.
- Signature art style.
- Community-made enhancements.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.