orDrumbox is a free drum machine software, designed to be as creative as possible with some unusual features: auto-composition, polyrythmes, custom arpeggiator, automatic sounds/track matching , custom softsynths, lowfi rendering and more .
This software can automatically compose bass line, melodic patterns and complete songs.
It comes with rhythms database and sounds database including music items which can be fully edited. And a fully customizable softsynth section add many synthetics sounds as presets to sounds library.
- Pattern oriented – create songs by assembling various patterns.
- Automatic composition – use either an automatic fill engine or a random engine.
- Drum Kits – import, create, modify and save drum kits.
- Automatic sound assignations – use Natural Language Processing for matching sounds to tracks and to “categorize” sounds.
- Soft synth – generate sounds using an analog synth emulation: two VCO generator, FM modulation, envelope ADSR controller, low pass / hi pass filters.
- Sequencer – assemble patterns in a song.
- Importing/Exporting – generates and exports songs and individual patterns in 16 bits /44 Khz/stereo sounds CD-quality, so you can re-use them in any other sound application.
- Midi – midi importation/exportation.
- Audio Mixer – control pitch, volume, pano and solo/mute each track in the same interface.
- Audio effects: echo (beat synchronized) and a 24 bits filter (BP and LP). A volume control and compressor is available for the mix.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|