LibreELEC is a lightweight ‘Just enough OS’ Linux distribution purpose-built for Kodi on current and popular media center hardware.
LibreELEC includes all features that Kodi has to offer and in some cases more.
LibreELEC is free and open source software.
Officially supported hardware currently includes:
- Raspberry Pi – Versions 0 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4, including B and B+ variants.
- Generic – x86_64 devices with Intel, AMD and Nvidia GPUs (from LibreELEC 10, support for NVidia GPUs will be removed).
- Wetek – Core, Play 1 & 2, Hub.
- Odroid – Odroid C2.
- Slice – Slice 1 / Slice 3.
- Khadas VIM – Khadas VIM (AML S905X) – requires a clean install if using current community images, and Edge.
- Libre Computer – LePotato (AML S905X).
- Pine64 – ROCK64, RockPro64.
- Popcorn – Hour RockBox, Transformer.
- Other Rockchip RK3288, RK3328 and RK3399: 96rocks ROCK960, Asus Tinker Board, Firefly ROC-RK3328-CC, Mqmaker MiQi, and Rockchip Sapphire Board.
There’s cross-platform support with Linux, macOS, and Windows supported.
|Want to find more awesome open source software? Check out our award winning open source software directory featuring more than 20,000 open source apps.|