libHaru is a library for generating PDF files.
It can work as both a static-library (.a, .lib) and a shared-library (.so, .dll).
libHaru is free and open source software.
- Generating PDF files with lines, text, images.
- Outline, text annotation, link annotation.
- Compressing document with deflate-decode.
- Embedding PNG, Jpeg images.
- Embedding Type1 font and TrueType font.
- Creating encrypted PDF files.
- Using various character sets (ISO8859-1~16, MSCP1250~8, KOI8-R).
- Supporting CJK fonts and encodings. You can add the feature of PDF creation by using HARU without understanding complicated internal structure of PDF. libHaru is written in ANSI C, so theoretically it supports most of the modern OSes.
- Provides bindings for Ruby, Delphi/Free Pascal, and C#.
The project is looking for a new maintainer.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.