Kazam is an essential open source tool which provides a well designed and easy to use interface for capturing screencasts and screenshots.
It can record desktop video and multiple audio streams simultaneously with control over audio levels and the screen region being captured.
Support for H264 and VP8 codecs is built in.
- Screencasts and Screenshots.
- Select full screen, all screens, window, or an area.
- Record video in the following formats:
- H264 / MP4.
- VP8 / WEBM.
- RAW / AVI.
- Record sound from any sound input device that is supported and visible by PulseAudio.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Support for multiple monitors.
- Canon 7D and Nikon D80 shutter types.
- Automatic file saving.
- Countdown splash.
Developer: David Klasinc, Andrew Higginson
License: GNU GPL v3
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.