guymager is a forensic imaging tool based on Qt.
The forensic imager contained in this package, guymager, was designed to support different image file formats, to be most user-friendly and to run fast. It has a high speed multi-threaded engine using parallel compression for best performance on multi-processor and hyper-threading machines.
The application is based on libewf and libguytools. Guymager is included in many popular distributions.
- Fast due to multi-threaded, pipelined design and multi-threaded data compression.
- Easy user interface available in different languages.
- Makes full usage of multi-processor machines. The internal structure is based on separate threads for reading, MD5 calculation, writing and includes a parallelised compression engine. This makes full use of multi-processor and hyper-threading machines.
- Generates flat (dd), EWF (E01) and AFF images, supports disk cloning.
- Extended acquisition info file.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|