Converse is a web based XMPP/Jabber chat client.
You can either use it as a webchat app, or you can integrate it into your own website.
- Converse supports many XMPP extensions: XMPP Subprotocol support for WebSocket, Data Forms, Service discovery, Multi-user chat rooms, Bookmarks, Ad-Hoc Commands, VCard-temp, Result Set Management, Publish-Subscribe (limited support), Out of Band Data, In-band registration, Chat State Notifications, Bidirectional-streams Over Synchronous HTTP (BOSH), Roster item exchange, Discovering Alternative XMPP Connection Methods, Personal Eventing Protocol (limited support), Message Receipt, Stream Management, XMPP Ping, Delayed Delivery, XMPP Over BOSH, The /me Command, Direct MUC Invitations, Message Carbons, Stanza Forwarding (limited support), Last Message Correction, Message Archive Management, Hats (limited support), Chat Markers (limited support), Client State Indication, Push Notifications, Unique and Stable Stanza IDs, HTTP File Upload, References, Spoiler messages, OMEMO Encryption, Message styling, Message Fastening (limited support), Message Retractions, and Message Moderation.
- Available as overlayed chat boxes or as a full-page app. See here for the fullscreen version.
- A plugin architecture based on pluggable.js.
- Chat statuses (online, busy, away, offline).
- Desktop notifications.
- Multi-user chatrooms (XEP 45).
- Chatroom bookmarks (XEP 48).
- Direct invitations to chat rooms (XEP 249).
- vCard support (XEP 54).
- Service discovery (XEP 30).
- In-band registration (XEP 77).
- Typing and chat state notifications (XEP 85).
- File sharing / HTTP File Upload (XEP 363).
- Server-side archiving of messages (XEP 313).
- Hidden messages (aka Spoilers) (XEP 382).
- Client state indication (XEP 352).
- OMEMO encrypted messaging (XEP 384).
- Anonymous logins, see the anonymous login demo.
- Message corrections, retractions and moderation.
- Translated into over 30 languages.