CMS Made Simple is an easy-to-use content management system (CMS) for simple, stable content sites. It is used all over the world for simple websites, as well as more complex corporate applications.
It provides a fast and easy way to create a web site and manage its contents. Unlike many other CMS packages, it is not overly complex, and the software is not just for blogs.
The core package provides the ability to manage news articles, search functionality a contact form, a WYSIWYG editor (for your customers or editors) and numerous other built in functions. Additionally, there are hundreds of third party add-on tools that are quickly and easily installable to allow building websites with many different capabilities.
It uses PHP, MySQL and the Smarty templating system.
- SEO Friendly URLs.
- Integrated and online help.
- Modular and extensible.
- Easy user and group management.
- Group-based permission system.
- Full template support, for unlimited looks without changing a line of content.
- Easy wizard based install and upgrade procedures.
- Minimal server requirements.
- Admin panel with multiple language support.
- Content hierarchy with unlimited depth and size.
- Integrated file manager w/ upload capabilities.
- Integrated audit log.
- Friendly support in forums and irc.
- Small footprint.
- Accessibility WAI, WCGA, Section 508.
- XHTML and CSS compliant.
- Autogenerated menu.
- Every page can have different theme.
- Design protected from content editors.
- Multiple content areas on one page.
- Modules including:
- Picture Album.
- File uploading.
- User Management.
- Google Sitemap.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|