Bforartists is a complete 3D suite to create 3D content. It offers you the full 3D art pipeline to create game graphics, prerendered movies and stills. From modeling, sculpting, texturing, rigging, animation, rendering, up to post processing.
Bforartists stands for Be For Artists.
Bforartists is a fork of the popular open source 3d software Blender with the goal to change the UI.
- Rendering – contains an old renderer called Blender Internal. And a newer one called Cycles.The built-in Cycles rendering engine offers GPU & CPU rendering, a Realtime viewport preview, HDR lighting support, and many more features.
- Modeling – offers a wide range of tools for polygon modeling. Many tools supports Ngons. And there is also Python scripting, with which you can perform and automate more than one modeling task.
- Materials – define the surface of your 3D models. The BIender Internal renderer offers an traditional material approach. Cycles offers a node based workflow with all the needed features of a modern renderer. It uses its own shader language called Open Shading Language, short OSL.
- Rigging – the process to connect your Mesh with the bones system. Bforartists offers Envelope, skeleton and automatic skinning, weight painting, mirror functionality, bone layers and colored groups for organization and B-spline interpolated bones.
- Animation – offers automated walk-cycles along paths, a character animation pose editor, non Linear Animation (NLA) for independent movements, K forward/inverse kinematics for fast poses and Sound synchronization.
- Sculpting – includes 20 different brush types, multi-res sculpting support, dynamic Topology sculpting, and mirrored sculpting.
- UV Mapping – offers various mapping methods. Fast Cube, Cylinder, Sphere and Camera projections are the traditional UV mapping methods. Conformal and Angle Based unwrapping (with edge seams and vertex pinning) is what is best known as unwrapping. And projects your mesh automatically onto your UV space. Bforartists also offers multiple UV layers and UV layout image exporting.
- Compositor – built in compositor. The compositor comes with a library of nodes for creating camera fx, color grading, vignettes and much more, supports Render-layers and Full compositing with images and video files. It’s multithreaded. And gives you the ability to render to multilayer Open Exr files.
- Simulations – offers a range of simulation tools too. The range goes from Fluid, Smoke, Hair, Cloth, Particles up to full Rigid Body physics.
- Camera and object tracking – mix real movie content with CG created content. There’s production ready camera and object tracking. The Camera and Object Tracker includes: automatic and manual tracking, camera reconstruction, real-time preview of your tracked footage and 3d scene, and supports Planar tracking and Tripod solvers.
- Extensions – use the full range of Blender addons.
- File formats – various import and export formats to support a pipeline to many different programs. The range goes across the common 2D file formats like Jpg, PNG, OpenEXR, or Tiff, and various 3D file formats like Obj, X, FBX or Collada.
- Scripting – Python support.
- Interface – new UI concept. It’s highly customizable, and offers an easy to access and to use graphical UI.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, macOS, and Windows.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|