JStock is a stock market software for 28 countries. It creates a database of stocks and download and delivers data and charts for these in almost real time for world markets and going back up to 10 years.
It provides a stock watchlist, an intraday stock price snapshot, a stock indicator editor, a stock indicator scanner, portfolio management, and market chit chat features. The software has a wealth of features and is extremely useful for the amateur trader.
To receive a JStock SMS alert, you need to create a Google Calendar account and register your mobile phone.
- Stock watchlist – 28 world stock markets with current stock information, intraday stock price, and multiple watchlists. It grabs data from Yahoo! Finance. With its unlimited watchlist you can track high growth stocks and dividend gain stocks simultaneously.
- Portfolio management – calculate your net worth: Transaction records (with sticky notes), cash management, dividend management, and multiple portfolios.
- Alert: Free SMS, email, system tray, sound alert.
- Indicator Filter: Installer, Editor and Scanner. These can help you time your buy and sell transactions.
- Charting: Investment Flow Summary, Dividend Summary, Portfolio Summary, History Stock Information, and History Index Information.
- Cloud Storage – access your JStock data anywhere in the world at any time of the day.
- Market Chit-Chat – exchange current stock market tips with fellow speculators.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are Linux-related. This is a new series.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|