Home Assistant is an open-source home automation platform running on Python 3.
Track and control all devices at home and automate control.
The software can be installed in less than a minute.
- Tracks the state of all the devices in your home.
- Control all your devices from a single, mobile-friendly, interface.
- No data is stored in the cloud.
- Set up advanced rules to control devices and bring your home alive.
- Offers a REST API and can interface with MQTT for easy integration with other projects like OwnTracks.
- Allow sending notifications using Instapush, Notify My Android (NMA), PushBullet, PushOver, Slack, Telegram, and Jabber (XMPP).
- Keep a precise history of every change to the state of your house.
- Turn on the lights when people get home after sun set.
- Turn on lights slowly during sun set to compensate for less light.
- Turn off all lights and devices when everybody leaves the house.
- Full list of supported devices here.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|