OSMC (Open Source Media Center) is an embedded, minimal, self updating Linux distribution which ships a Kodi front-end for a variety of devices including ARM and x86.
Founded in 2014, OSMC lets you play back media from your local network, attached storage and the Internet. OSMC can play all major media formats out there and supports a variety of sharing protocols
OSMC is based on the Debian distribution and the Kodi project. OSMC is not a fork of Kodi but rather a Linux distribution that ships Kodi as the main application.
- Designed to be attractive and simple to use.
- App Store which lets you customize OSMC.
- OSMC is in charge of:
- Keeping your system up to date.
- Hardware management (handling devices such as remotes, keyboards, WiFi adapters etc).
- Managing system resources.
- Supports most TV tuners and WiFi adapters out of the box.
- Supports a wide variety of remotes. OSMC ships with remote profiles for the most popular remotes and can also learn new remotes. OSMC also supports CEC, which allows you to control OSMC using your TV remote
- Add-ons that work with Kodi on other platforms work on OSMC.
- Updated monthly.
Developer: Open Source Media Center Team
License: GNU General Public License, version 2
|Want to find more awesome open source software? Check out our award winning open source software directory featuring more than 20,000 open source apps.|