October is a self-hosted content management system platform based on the Laravel PHP Framework.
It supports MySQL, SQLite and PostgreSQL for the database backend and uses a flat file database for the front end structure. The October CMS covers a range of capabilities such as users, permissions, themes, and plugins.
October is free and open source software.
- Components, a key feature which are configurable building elements that can be attached to any page.
- Building an interface requires minimal programming.
- Flat files are used to serve the website structure.
- Includes an Ajax framework built in for back-end and front-end.
- Uses Twig as templating engine. This makes it possible to completely separate data from the templates.
- File manager with CDN support and image cropping.
- The whole setup is event driven which enables the user to hook into core or plugin processes and extend them.
- Updates and plugins are delivered with a package manager.
- Community-contributed extensions in the October CMS marketplace.
- The backend is translated in 36 languages.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|