No More Room in Hell is a free to play Half-Life 2 Co-operative mod based on the popular Zombie Apocalypse scenario. It is a first person survival horror modification for the Source Engine, and is a standalone game.
Up to 8 unaffiliated human survivors can band together against the relentless zombie horde, with the ultimate goal of escaping this undead nightmare.
Teamwork and communication is essential to succeed, as weapons and supplies are scarce, and the undead won’t stop until either you or they are dead. What is notable about No More Room in Hell is its dynamic objective maps that change with every playthrough, a realistic approach, a survival mode, and multiple opponents.
The mod is set during a time in which the world is on the verge of collapsing into chaos from a disease in which its origins are unknown. Many experts and organizations have their theories and ideas on how such a disease emerged and started to systematically destroy our very way of life, but one fact is clear to all. Whoever perishes from the disease gets up and kills, and the people they killed get up and kill.
No More Room in Hell was named ‘Mod of the Year’ for 2011 by PC Gamer magazine.
- Two gamemodes:
- Objective mode – Survivors must complete a series of objectives that will allow them to be rescued.
- Survival – Wave-based survival run with supply drops and safe zones to maintain.
- Co-operative play with up to eight players.
- Voice and text communications limited by distance.
- Dynamic Objective Maps – The next playthrough may not be the same like the last.
- Survival Mode – Defend and maintain your shelter against the undead in the hopes of getting extracted to a safe area.
- A realistic approach: In short, no crosshairs and HUD. In addition, ammo and weapons are extremely scarce. With that in mind, aim down your sights and shoot for the head.
- Multitude of different opponents: Ranging from the iconic “walking zombie” to the more contemporary “runners”, NMRiH will keep you on your toes with a mix of dangerous foes to face down. However, the most dangerous enemy may not always be the walking dead.
- Infection: One bite may be what it takes to bring you down. If infected, you must decide if you want to alert your team to rid you of your burden, or to keep quiet in the hopes of finding a cure.
- 34 weapons and counting, ranging from the diminutive .22 Target Pistol, to the almighty Chainsaw.
- No pay to win items.
- No ads.
- Powered by Source.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.