KIT Scenarist is billed as a simple and powerful screenplay editor.
KIT Scenarist is a fully-featured studio for creating movie screenplays. It combines:
- Project organizer that allows storing all research documents on the project in one place.
- The corkboard provides opportunities for placing, arranging, grouping and visualizing scenes of the future screenplay in the form of index cards on the corkboard.
- A specialized script editor allows users to forget about formatting the script and direct all the creative energy to create stories.
- The module of reports and statistics helps to examine history from a different angle, and prepare all the necessary reports for production.
- Flexible application settings system allows a user to create a comfortable environment for creativity.
A line of script is formatted as a folder, prompting a scene heading, or a scene heading, prompting a scene description, or a scene description, or scene characters.
There is a cloud service available which offers synchronization advantages.
- Highly configurable.
- Cards for an alternative overview, providing a visual way to work with structure.
- Text-style storyboarding.
- Mindmaps for ideas.
- Organize research notes and images. Store a variety of materials (text documents, images, links to web pages and mindmaps) associated with your project.
- Detailed production reports on the script, as well as graphs of the characters’ activity throughout the script and the dynamics of the scenes. Statistics cover:
- Scene Duration.
- Action Duration.
- Dialogues Duration.
- Characters Count.
- Dialogues Count.
- Export formats supported: PDF, FDX, DOCX and FOUNTAIN.
- Import formats supported: FDX, DOCX, FOUNTAIN and TRELBY.
- Dark theme.
- Two panel mode.
- Templates library.
- Spell checking.
- Internationalization support – supported languages include French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, Mac OS X, Windows. There are mobile versions available for Android and iOS but these versions require payment.
Here’s statistics in action.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|