Dotclear is a blog publishing application popular in French speaking countries.
Dotclear is free and open source software.
- Easy publication – feature-rich editor with a WYSIWYG editor.
- Fully customizable theme – .customize the default theme online in every aspect (colors, fonts, header image, etc.) without touching a single line of code.
- User-friendly administration – easy to use and designed with users in mind.
- Flexible template syste
- Media management – add any kind of file to the media manager.
- Choose your input method – You can write entries using Wiki syntax or XHTML. Plugins can also add new input methods.
- Flexible comment system – disable comments on individual entries or at the blog-level.
- Built-in antispam – provided with many filters and you can add more through plugins.
- Localization – Each user may choose the language in which the administration interface is displayed. Each blog can also be displayed in any of the available languages. A language management tool lets you easily install and update languages in your installation.
- Presentation widgets – presentation widgets that you can place where you want them to be displayed.
- Themes and plugins – extend the blog’s functionality and themes to change its design.
- Pages – add pages that are independent from the entry flow.
- Tags and categories – assign a category as well as an unlimited number of tags to each of your entries.
- Automated installation.
- Support for several database types – MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite.
- Multi-user with permissions – add as many users as required and grant them permissions using a sophisticated permission management tool.
- Standard compliant.
- Accessible – content accessibility for visitors using non traditional access means.
- Importing / exporting – import the content of your previous blog from older Dotclear version or from other blog applications. We regularly add new import modules. You can also export the content of your blog or your whole installation for backup purposes.
- Naturally optimized for search engines.
- Syndication feeds – Atom and RSS feeds allow aggregator users to track your blog updates from their favourite application.
- Complete trackback support – Trackbacks let you react to other blog’s entries and to notify those blogs almost automatically.
- Full Unicode support – publish texts using other alphabets than typical Latin, so you can publish in Japanese, Russian, Arabic, and more.
- XML/RPC client support – write and edit entries from an application supporting the following XML-RPC protocols: Blogger, MetaWeblog, MovableType.
- Extensible – simple to add plugins that modify up to the core functionality of the application.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.