Cocos2d-x is an open-source framework for building 2D games, interactive books, demos and other graphical applications. The software supports a wide range of platforms including iOS, Android, Linux, Windows XP/7/8/10, BlackBerry, MeeGo, Marmelade, WebOS, and Mac OS X.
The software is written in C++, with a thin platform dependent layer.
- Easy to use.
- Scene management (workflow)
- Transitions between scenes
- Sprites and Sprite Sheets
- Effects: Lens, Ripple, Waves, Liquid, etc.
- Actions (behaviours):
- Transformation Actions: Move, Rotate, Scale, Fade, Tint, etc.
- Composable actions: Sequence, Spawn, Repeat, Reverse.
- Ease Actions: Exp, Sin, Cubic, Elastic, etc.
- Misc actions: CallFunc, OrbitCamera, Follow, Tween.
- Basic menus and buttons.
- Renderer is optimized for 2D graphics with OpenGL. It supports skeletal animation, sprite sheet animation, coordinate systems, effects, multi-resolution devices, textures, transitions, tile maps, and particles. It adopts a RenderQueue design.
- Integrated with physics engines: Box2d and Chipmunk.
- Particle system.
- Skeleton Animations: Spine and Armature support.
- Fast font rendering using Fixed and Variable width fonts.
- Support for .ttf fonts.
- Tile Map support: Orthogonal, Isometric and Hexagonal.
- Parallax scrolling.
- Motion Streak.
- Render To Texture.
- Touch/Accelerometer on mobile devices.
- Touch/Mouse/Keyboard on desktop.
- Sound Engine support (CocosDenshion library) based on OpenAL.
- Integrated Slow motion/Fast forward.
- Fast and compressed textures: PVR compressed and uncompressed textures, ETC1 compressed textures, and more.
- Resolution Independent.
- OpenGL ES 2.0 (mobile) / OpenGL 2.1 (desktop) based.
- Simple and easy to learn APIs.
- Completely written in C++.
- Cross-platform – publish from a single code base to mobile, desktop, web, and console.
Core Developers: Ricardo Quesada, XiaoMing Zhang, JianHua Chen, Zhe Wang, Hao Wu, Qingkui Hu, Huabing Xu, Wenhai Lin, Guanghui Qu, Wensheng Yang, Yulei Liao, Huabin Ling, Long Jiang, Sijie Fu, and many others
License: MIT license
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|