AzPainter is a full color painting software for Linux.
It’s a lightweight tool with tablet pressure support, and provides basic functions such as selection, layers, filters.
The software uses an original graphic toollkit called Mlib. It’s extremely lightweight.
- Extremely fast and frugal on system resources.
- Optimized user interface designed for efficient painting and drawing workflow.
- Support for 16-bit color images with transparency (RGBA)
- Automatic brush size adjustment that’s dependent on tablet pen pressure.
- Many artistic filters.
- Good range of selection tools.
- Support for many third-party image formats including PSD, PNG, JPG and more.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.