Regnum Online is a fantasy massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG) where players are immersed in a 3D virtual world. There they can live as Elves, Humans Dwarves, or Dark Elves having exciting adventures, exploring the wild lands or joining an army of players to take on the other kingdoms armies.
Regnum Online is based on an ongoing war between three kingdoms, and control of the conflict zone. However, the game is not limited in this regard, and there are further adventures you can embark on such as challenges in the arenas or even others where you won’t have to fight other players, and all the necessary tools to form communities with their own goals inside the world of the game.
The game rewards estrategic thinking, cunning and courage instead of quick reflexes staying true to its RPG roots.
The game using its own proprietary engine called NG3D Engine.
The game is free to play. Additionally, there is paid for content available for enhanced game play.
- 3 realms to choose from:
- Alsius – cold and icy.
- Ignis – barren wasteland full of volcanoes and underground fires.
- Syrtis – green forests.
- 9 fully customizable player characters.
- An ever expanding number of quests.
- The ability to capture forts and castles
- Expansive lands to explore.
- Glorious graphical environments in OpenGL.
- Designed for thousands of concurrent players.
- Available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
NG3D Engine provides:
- Seamless world terrain system with multi-texturing (using a
texture splatting variant).
- Asynchronous and dynamic resource loading (3d models, textures, materials, sounds, scripts, etc).
- Rendering Post-process support.
- Skeletal animation.
- Visual FX system with particle and mesh effects.
- Dynamic atmosphere system (day/night cycle and different weathers such as sunny, cloudy, stormy, etc).
- Per-vertex and per-pixel dynamic illumination.
- Water with reflection (via Pixel Shaders if they are available on the current render path).
- In-house UI system with a variety of widgets and skinning support.
- Scripting support using LUA and tolua++ for C++ bindings.
- In-house WYSIWYG tools (map, visual fx, 3d models, etc).
- Physics engine with rigid body collision support.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.