OpenNebula.org is an open-source project developing the industry standard solution for building and managing virtualized enterprise data centers and enterprise private clouds.
The OpenNebula toolkit manages a data center’s virtual infrastructure to build private, public and hybrid implementations of infrastructure as a service.
OpenNebula offfers a feature-rich, flexible solution for the comprehensive management of virtualized data centers to enable on-premise IaaS clouds. It also supports both hybrid clouds and public clouds.
- AWS EC2 and EBS APIs.
- OGF OCCI APIs.
- Self-service Portal for cloud consumers.
- Powerful User Security Management:
- Fine-grained ACLs and user quotas.
- Powerful user, group and role management.
- Integration with user management services like LDAP, Active Directory.
- Fine-grained auditing.
- Support for isolation at different levels.
- Advanced Multi-tenancy with Group Management.
- On-demand Provision of Virtual Data Centers:
- Automatic installation and configuration of application environments and their secure sharing with other cloud users.
- Automatic execution of multi-tiered applications and their provision from a catalog and self-service portal.
- Advanced Control and Monitoring of Virtual Infrastructure.
- Complete Virtual Machine Configuration.
- Advanced Control and Monitoring of Physical Infrastructure.
- Broad Commodity and Enterprise Platform Support.
- Distributed Resource Optimization.
- Centralized Management of Multiple Zones.
- High Availability:
- Persistent database backend with support for high availability configurations.
- Configurable behavior in the event of host or VM failure to provide easy to use and cost-effective failover solutions.
- Community Virtual Appliance Marketplace:
- OpenNebula Marketplace is a catalog of virtual appliances ready to run in OpenNebula environments.
- Deployment of your private centralized catalog of cloud applications to share and distribute virtual appliances across OpenNebula instances.
- Fully integrated with OpenNebula SunStone.
- Share Virtual Appliances Among Several OpenNebula Instances.
- Management of Multi-tiered Applications.
- Management of Application Environments.
- Hybrid Cloud Computing and Cloudbursting with connectors for AWS.
- Virtual Infrastructure Management and Orchestration:
- Virtual infrastructure management adjusted to enterprise data centers.
- Complete life-cycle management of virtual resources.
- Powerful hooking system.
- Full control, monitoring and accounting of virtual infrastructure resources.
- Fine-grained multi-tenancy.
- Standard Cloud Interfaces and Simple Self-Service Portal for Cloud Consumers.
- Rich Command Line and Web Interfaces for Cloud Administrators.
- Multiple Deployment Options.
- Easy Extension and Integration.
- Reliability, Efficiency and Massive Scalability.
- Integration with Third Party Tools:
- Modular and extensible architecture.
- Customizable plug-ins for integration with any third-party data center service.
- API for integration with higher level tools such as billing, self-service portals.
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.