OpenNebula.org is an open-source project developing the industry standard solution for building and managing virtualized enterprise data centers and enterprise private clouds.
The OpenNebula toolkit manages a data center’s virtual infrastructure to build private, public and hybrid implementations of infrastructure as a service.
OpenNebula offfers a feature-rich, flexible solution for the comprehensive management of virtualized data centers to enable on-premise IaaS clouds. It also supports both hybrid clouds and public clouds.
- AWS EC2 and EBS APIs.
- OGF OCCI APIs.
- Self-service Portal for cloud consumers.
- Powerful User Security Management:
- Fine-grained ACLs and user quotas.
- Powerful user, group and role management.
- Integration with user management services like LDAP, Active Directory.
- Fine-grained auditing.
- Support for isolation at different levels.
- Advanced Multi-tenancy with Group Management.
- On-demand Provision of Virtual Data Centers:
- Automatic installation and configuration of application environments and their secure sharing with other cloud users.
- Automatic execution of multi-tiered applications and their provision from a catalog and self-service portal.
- Advanced Control and Monitoring of Virtual Infrastructure.
- Complete Virtual Machine Configuration.
- Advanced Control and Monitoring of Physical Infrastructure.
- Broad Commodity and Enterprise Platform Support.
- Distributed Resource Optimization.
- Centralized Management of Multiple Zones.
- High Availability:
- Persistent database backend with support for high availability configurations.
- Configurable behavior in the event of host or VM failure to provide easy to use and cost-effective failover solutions.
- Community Virtual Appliance Marketplace:
- OpenNebula Marketplace is a catalog of virtual appliances ready to run in OpenNebula environments.
- Deployment of your private centralized catalog of cloud applications to share and distribute virtual appliances across OpenNebula instances.
- Fully integrated with OpenNebula SunStone.
- Share Virtual Appliances Among Several OpenNebula Instances.
- Management of Multi-tiered Applications.
- Management of Application Environments.
- Hybrid Cloud Computing and Cloudbursting with connectors for AWS.
- Virtual Infrastructure Management and Orchestration:
- Virtual infrastructure management adjusted to enterprise data centers.
- Complete life-cycle management of virtual resources.
- Powerful hooking system.
- Full control, monitoring and accounting of virtual infrastructure resources.
- Fine-grained multi-tenancy.
- Standard Cloud Interfaces and Simple Self-Service Portal for Cloud Consumers.
- Rich Command Line and Web Interfaces for Cloud Administrators.
- Multiple Deployment Options.
- Easy Extension and Integration.
- Reliability, Efficiency and Massive Scalability.
- Integration with Third Party Tools:
- Modular and extensible architecture.
- Customizable plug-ins for integration with any third-party data center service.
- API for integration with higher level tools such as billing, self-service portals.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|