FooBillard is an open source billiards game with a three dimensional display.
It supports 8-ball, 9-ball, carambol and snooker, as well as a computer opponent and network play. It is written using OpenGL, and has very high quality graphics and textures.
The game features realistic physics.
- Wood paneled table with gold covers and gold diamonds.
- Reflections on balls.
- Shadow pixmaps.
- Detail switching of balls according to distance.
- Zoom in/out – hold right mouse button.
- FOV +/- – hold right mouse button + CTRL.
- Rotate – hold left mouse button.
- Animated cue.
- Eight-ball, Nine-ball, snooker, pool billiard, and carambol (three-cushion billiards).
- Simple AI-Player.
- Strength adjustment.
- Eccentric hit adjustment (button2-Shift).
- Red/green 3D stereo view (requires anaglyph 3D glasses).
- Network play.
- Free view mode.
- Cross-platform game – runs in Linux, Android, and Windows operating systems.
Developer: Florian Berger
License: GNU GPL v2
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.