Apache CloudStack (CloudStack) is open source cloud computing software for deploying and managing large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud computing platform. Target environments include service providers and enterprises. In addition to its own API, CloudStack also supports the Amazon Web Services (AWS) API.[
It is a turnkey solution that includes the entire “stack” of features most organizations want with an IaaS cloud: compute orchestration, Network-as-a-Service, user and account management, a full and open native API, resource accounting, and a User Interface (UI).
CloudStack currently supports the most popular hypervisors: VMware, KVM, XenServer and Xen Cloud Platform (XCP).
Users can manage their cloud with an easy to use Web interface, command line tools, and/or a full-featured RESTful API. In addition, CloudStack provides an API that’s compatible with AWS EC2 and S3 for organizations that wish to deploy hybrid clouds.
- Supports the most popular hypervisors: VMware, Oracle VM, KVM, XenServer and Xen Cloud Platform.
- Offers bare metal management of servers, using PXE to provision OS images and IPMI to manage the server.
- Three methods for managing cloud computing environments: an easy to use Web interface, command line tools, and a full-featured RESTful API.
- Built-in high-availability for hosts and VMs.
- AJAX web GUI for management.
- AWS API compatibility.
- Hypervisor agnostic.
- Snapshot management.
- Usage metering.
- Network management (VLAN’s, security groups).
- Virtual routers, firewalls, load balancers.
- Multi-role support.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|